Monday, February 12, 2007

Stocks Modestly Lower into Final Hour on Profit-taking

BOTTOM LINE: The Portfolio is slightly lower into the final hour on losses in my Semi longs and Telecom longs. I added to my Google(GOOG) long and took some profits in another long today, thus leaving the Portfolio 75% net long. The tone of the market is negative as the advance/decline line is lower, most sectors are declining and volume is above-average. Theflyonthewall.com is pointing to a post on AppleInsider, suggesting that Apple (AAPL) could see as much as $250-$300 for each subscriber it helps lure to Cingular's network. This would meaningfully boost margins and result in a substantial round of upward earnings estimate revisions for the stock. I remain long the stock. I expect US stocks to trade mixed into the close from current levels as falling energy prices offsets profit-taking.

No comments: