- Police officers can end a high-speed chase that threatens innocent bystanders by forcing a fleeing suspect’s car to crash, the US Supreme Court ruled.
- Microsoft Corp.(MSFT), citing today’s victory in the US Supreme Court, will ask judges to cut more than $1 billion from jury verdicts the company lost in two other patent cases.
- George Soros’s money management firm hired Mark Malloch Brown, the former deputy secretary general of the United Nations, as vice chairman to help with investments in emerging markets.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp.(APC), a
- Japanese wages fell for a fourth month in March, signaling that growth in consumer spending in the world’s second-biggest economy will be limited.
- Crude oil is falling a second day in NY on speculation US stockpiles rose to a five-month high last week as
Late Buy/Sell Recommendations
- Reiterated Buy on Corning(GLW), target $29.
Asian Indices are -.75% to -.25% on average.
S&P 500 indicated +.07%.
NASDAQ 100 indicated +.05%.
US AM Market Call
NASDAQ 100 Pre-Market Indicator/Heat Map
Before the Bell CNBC Video(bottom right)
Top 20 Business Stories
Daily Stock Events
Rasmussen Consumer/Investor Daily Indices
CNBC Guest Schedule
Earnings of Note
- None of note
10:00 am EST
- Pending Home Sales for March is estimated to rise .1% versus a .7% gain in February.
- ISM Manufacturing for April is estimated to rise to 51.0 versus a reading of 50.9 in March.
- ISM Prices Paid for April is estimated to rise to 67.5 from 65.5 in March.
- Total Vehicles Sales for April are estimated to fall to 16.2M versus 16.3M in March.