- Iran carried out further missile tests during an annual military exercise, a day after President Donald Trump imposed fresh sanctions on a raft of individuals and companies in response to the country test-firing a ballistic rocket last week. The country successfully tested a range of land-to-land missiles and radar systems during the drills in a 35,000 square-kilometer stretch of desert in the northern Iranian province of Semnan, the semi-official Tasnim agency reported Saturday, citing Amir Ali Hajizadeh, commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps’ aerospace division. "If the enemy falls out of line, our missiles will pour down on them," the brigadier general was cited as telling reporters on the sidelines of the military trials, without referring to any particular nations. Any threats made by the U.S. against Iran were "nonsensical,” Tasnim cited him as saying.
- French presidential candidate Marine Le Pen’s team unveiled Saturday the main themes of her program in a document titled the “144 presidential commitments. Marine 2017.” The National Front contender will make a campaign speech Sunday in Lyon to roll out her platform.
- U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May is facing a revolt from as many as 27 lawmakers in her ruling Conservative Party who want to "wreck" her Brexit law, a prominent anti-Europe campaigner said. Members of May’s party could derail her plan to trigger the start of the U.K.’s exit from the European Union by supporting amendments to the draft law in Parliament next week, according to Steve Baker, chairman of a group of pro-Brexit Conservative lawmakers. "I understand 27 Conservative members of Parliament plan to support wrecking amendments to the withdrawal bill, weakening the prime minister’s hand and exposing the bill to damage in the House of Lords," Baker said by telephone on Saturday, without revealing how he calculated the figure.
Wall Street Journal:
- Seattle Judge Used Broad Power to Halt Executive Order. U.S. District Judge James L. Robart ordered a halt to President Donald Trump’s recent executive order on immigration and refugees.
- How Israelis See the Settlements. Some want to annex the West Bank, others to separate from the Palestinians—and all view Jerusalem as anything but a settlement.
- Had bullish commentary on (AMD), (VSTE) and (EAT).
- Had bearish commentary on (CMG) and (SNAP).
- DHS Suspends "All Actions" On Trump Travel Ban, Reverses Visa Cancelation; Vows To Fight.
- Iran Defies Trump: Carries Out More Missile Tests, Threatens Enemies With "Roaring Missiles".
- Trump Attacks "So-Called Judge" Over "Ridiculous" Travel Ban Ruling.
- Boston Judge Unblocks Trump Travel Ban, Asks "Where Does It Say Muslim Countries?"..
- JPM: "Turning Points In Market Trends Are Occurring At The Fastest Pace In History". (graph)
- Meet The "Bionic Barrista" Whose Mission Is To Terminate Millions Of Minimum Wage Jobs. (video)
- 400,000 Fewer Americans Enrolled In Obamacare For 2017.
- Meet Mexico's Fiery, Trump-Like Populist Who Looks Increasingly Likely To Win The Presidency In 2018.
- Meet The New, "Safe" Synthetic CDO's That Could Spell Disaster For The European Banking System.
- New Government Audit Warns Of "Elevated" Terrorism Threat To US From Mexico.
- U.N. Official Admits Global Warming Agenda Is Really About Destroying Capitalism.
- Trump Signs Executive Orders Rolling Back Dodd-Frank, Fiduciary Rule.
- Louvre Terror Attack Suspect Identified As 29-Year-Old Egyptian-Born UAE Resident.
- Central Bankers 'Inconvenient Truth': Policies Boosted Wealth-Inequality, Failed To Generate "Growth".
- Nordstrom(JWN) Folds To "Grab Your Wallet" Protesters: Dumps Ivanka Trump's Clothing Line.
- Weekend Reading: And... It's Only Week Two.
- Disappointing Wages Spark Biggest Market Rally Of The Year. (graph)
- Hedge funds are tracking your every move, and 'it’s the future of investing'.
- TRUMP: We're going to have 'big league' job growth.
- The problem with Trump's border tax plan.
- AI leaders: Machines will quickly outsmart us when they achieve human-level intelligence.
- The Trump administration has already dealt a crippling blow to Obamacare.
- Ivanka Trump's brand just responded to being dropped by Nordstrom(JWN).
- San Francisco just hired America's first-ever 'director of financial justice' to get rid of fees that 'unfairly punish' a specific part of the population.
- Republicans might be backing off their controversial 'border tax' proposal.