Monday, March 27, 2006

Stocks Mixed into Final Hour ahead of Fed Rate Announcement Tomorrow

BOTTOM LINE: The Portfolio is higher into the final hour on gains in my Internet longs, Medical longs and Networking longs. I added (UARM) long and exited a retail long today, thus leaving the Portfolio 100% net long. The tone of the market is mixed as the advance/decline line is slightly lower, most sectors are gaining and volume is about average. According to theFlyontheWall.com, Deutsche Bank is saying that the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists conference over the weekend gave them increased confidence that gynecology will be a "blockbuster market for da Vinci." I agree and continue to believe that Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) has the potential to be one of the greatest growth stories this decade. The stock has rallied almost 40% since lows seen earlier in the month. So far, my conviction for the stock has paid off. I am still long (ISRG). I expect US stocks to trade mixed-to-higher into the close from current levels on short-covering ahead of the Fed’s rate decision tomorrow.

No comments: