Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Stocks Sharply Higher into Final Hour on Fall in Long-term Rates and Short-Covering

BOTTOM LINE: The Portfolio is higher into the final hour on gains in my Internet longs, Computer longs, Retail longs, Biotech longs and Networking longs. I covered the remainder of my (IWM) and (QQQQ) shorts, thus leaving the Portfolio 100% net long. The tone of the market is positive as the advance/decline line is higher, almost every sector is positive and volume is about average. Based on Google's (GOOG) reaction to the preliminary ruling in the Department of Justice case, it appears to me that much of the uncertainty regarding this issue is lifting. This is a big positive for the stock. I am still long Google. I expect US stocks to trade modestly higher into the close from current levels on short-covering and bargain-hunting.

No comments: