- Dubai will invest as much as $5.1 billion in Kirk Kerkorian’s MGM Mirage(MGM), giving the Las Vegas casino company a partner as it expands into real estate.
- Helmut Fisher, head of structured product sales at Merrill Lynch International(MER) in
- Natural gas in NY fell to an 11-month low on probable expansion of US inventories and the threat of storm damage to
- Crude oil in NY is falling to a 2-month low after an EIA report showed an unexpected increase in inventories.
- President Bush laid out his argument for maintaining the
- Tech Data(TECD), the world’s second-biggest distributor of computer products, climbed the most in six years in Nasdaq Stock Market trading after its quarterly earnings and a sales forecast beat analysts’ projections.
- The four largest
Wall Street Journal:
- Federal Reserve officials are cautiously optimistic that the series of steps they have taken to stabilize markets have started to work.
- Private-equity firms probably won’t walk out on pending buyouts.
- Google Inc.(GOOG), having failed to get regulators to make phone companies resell wireless spectrum to rivals, still may bid on mobile-phone airwaves being auctioned by the
- Hedge funds see opportunities in distressed debt.
- Sony Corp.(SNE) will probably this week unveil a tuner which enables its PlayStation 3 game console to record and play back television shows.
- Bert Ruerup, an economic adviser for
- Iraqi stocks rose .4% yesterday after international investors bought into the