Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Mid-day Report

Detailed Market Summary
Market Snapshot

Sector Performance

Market Movers

NYSE Unusual Volume
NASDAQ Unusual Volume
NASDAQ 100 Heatmap
DJIA Quick Charts
Chart Toppers
Hot Spots
Option Dragon

Economic Data
None of note.

Recommendations

Mid-day News

BOTTOM LINE: Due to a scheduling conflict, I am posting an abbreviated version of the Mid-day Report. The Wednesday Close will be posted at its regular time around 7pm est. The Portfolio is slightly higher mid-day on gains in my telecom equipment, retail and software longs. I exited a biotechnology long this morning and added JNPR long, thus leaving the Portfolio 100% net long. I am using a $21 stop-loss on this position. The tone of the market is modestly positive today as the advance/decline line is slightly higher, volume is solid and most sectors are higher. Rising energy prices are likely muting an otherwise more positive day. Measures of investor anxiety are mostly lower, which is a negative. I expect the DJIA and S&P 500 to break to new cycle highs within the next 2 days. I will likely increase market exposure on a convincing break of these levels. A failure to do so would lead me to cut exposure.

No comments: