Sunday, June 13, 2010

Weekly Outlook

U.S. Week Ahead by MarketWatch (video).
Week Ahead by CNBC.
Stocks to Watch Monday by MarketWatch.
Weekly Economic Calendar by Briefing.com.

BOTTOM LINE: I expect US stocks to finish the week mixed as China bubble worries, rising deflation fears and oil spill concerns offset short-covering, falling sovereign debt angst and bargain-hunting. My intermediate-term trading indicators are giving mostly bearish signals and the Portfolio is 100% net long heading into the week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your changes in weightings have been accurate. Why 100% long if mostly bearish signals and you think a mixed week?

Gary said...

The bearish signals I referenced are intermediate-term in nature. I think there is a fairly high probability that we will retest recent lows over the coming weeks/months. I moved to 100% net long last week for a trade in anticipation of another modest move up in stocks this week. However, some of this weekend's news resulted in me reducing my expectations for the coming week. Hope that helps.