Friday, February 10, 2006

Stocks Reverse Higher as Oil Price Drops Again and Short Cover

BOTTOM LINE: The Portfolio is higher into the final hour on gains in my Internet longs, Networking longs, Medical longs and Computer longs. I covered some of my (IWM) and (QQQQ) shorts, thus leaving the Portfolio 75% net long. The tone of the market is slightly negative as the advance/decline line is modestly lower, sector performance is mixed are higher and volume is above average. I suspect Apple Computer (AAPL), along with Google (GOOG) and Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) have seen their lows for the year. All present attractive entry points for longer-term investors, in my opinion. I expect US stocks to trade modestly higher into the close from current levels on short-covering and bargain hunting.

No comments: