Friday, May 19, 2006

Stocks Finish Near Session Highs on Bargain Hunting, Lower Interest Rates and Declining Commodity Prices

BOTTOM LINE: The Portfolio finished substantially higher today on gains in my Retail longs, Semi longs, Networking longs, Medical longs, Base Metal shorts and Energy-related shorts. I covered my some of my (QQQQ), (EEM) and (IWM) shorts and took profits in a portion of my commodity shorts today, thus leaving the Portfolio 75% net long. The tone of the market was positive as the advance/decline line finished higher, most sectors rose and volume was heavy. This is the best opportunity for tech stocks since the bottom of the bear market in 2002, in my opinion. We may have a re-test over the coming weeks as economic data disappoint, but there are too many bargains to ignore for the intermediate term investor.

No comments: