Thursday, June 22, 2006

Stocks Lower into Final Hour on Rise in Long-Rates and Geopolitical Concerns

BOTTOM LINE: The Portfolio is slightly higher into the final hour on gains in my Medical longs, Computer longs and Semi longs. I have not traded today, thus leaving the Portfolio 75% net long. The tone of the market is negative as the advance/decline line is lower, most sectors are falling and volume is below average. I am seeing some encouraging action in growth stocks recently despite today's market losses. I expect this is just the beginning of a period of growth stock outperformance. Google (GOOG), Apple (AAPL), Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) and SanDisk (SNDK) are four of my favorites at current levels. I am long all four. I expect US stocks to trade mixed-to-higher into the close from current levels on short-covering and bargain hunting.

No comments: