Friday, July 21, 2006

Stocks Lower into Final Hour on Economic and Geopolitical Concerns

BOTTOM LINE: The Portfolio is slightly lower into the final hour on losses in my Semi longs, Retail longs and Networking longs. I have not traded today, thus leaving the Portfolio 75% net long. The tone of the market is very negative as the advance/decline line is substantially lower, most sectors are falling and volume is heavy. I have suspected for quite a while that a number of very well-known companies that have had an almost monopolistic hold on their markets were vulnerable to significant customer defections when a viable alternative arose. In my opinion, poor customer service is the main issue. I believe this is what is happening at Dell (DELL). I continue to believe Apple's (AAPL) opportunity is much larger than most perceive and remain long the stock. I expect US stocks to trade mixed-to-higher into the close from current levels on short-covering.

No comments: