Friday, April 28, 2006

Stocks Lower into the Final Hour on Losses in the Tech Sector

BOTTOM LINE: The Portfolio is slightly higher into the final hour on gains in my Medical longs, Networking longs and Computer longs. I covered some of my (IWM) and (QQQQ) shorts today and added to my (RACK) and (TLT) longs, thus leaving the Portfolio 75% net long. The tone of the market is slightly positive as the advance/decline line is modestly higher, sector performance is mostly positive and volume is very heavy. Natural gas finished floor trading near session lows, down 4%. It has now broken its cycle low and is down 58.5% from its highs. I expect its weakness to begin to weigh on the entire energy complex over the coming weeks. Energy-related stocks have given back much of this morning's gains. I expect US stocks to trade mixed-to-higher into the close from current levels on lower long-term rates and short-covering.

No comments: