Friday, August 25, 2006

Stocks Mixed into Final Hour on Low Volume

BOTTOM LINE: The Portfolio is about even into the final hour as gains in my Networking longs offset losses in my Commodity shorts. I have not traded today, thus leaving the Portfolio 100% net long. The tone of the market is neutral as the advance/decline line is about even, sector performance is mixed and volume is very light. Ben Bernanke's silence on monetary policy this morning implies the market has it right, in my opinion. I continue to believe there is virtually zero chance of a rate hike at the Sept. meeting and little chance of another hike this year. The 10-year continues to maintain recent strong gains. I expect US stocks to trade modestly higher into the close from current levels on short-covering, bargain hunting and lower long-term rates.

No comments: